Rates vary depending on the size and complexity of your project. In general I bill at an hourly rate of $60/hour for smaller jobs and consultations. For larger jobs I prefer to negotiate a project rate in advance so that everyone can be happy with the final product without worrying about running up too many hours.
Bearing in mind that every job is different, here are some examples of how that might look in practice:
- Refresh your already-installed WordPress site with coordinating graphics including a new background, header, favicon, social media icons and typography: $300 and up
- Same as the above but including the installation and configuration of various plug-ins to improve functionality and SEO: $400 and up
- Install WordPress on your hosting account (including various plug-ins to improve functionality and SEO), create pages, design header and other graphics to your specification: $500 and up
- Same as the above but with transfer of content from another platform (such as Blogger, TypePad or WordPress.com), photo galleries, sliders, and the like: $750 and up
- Same as the above but with extras such as extensive graphics, user forum, shopping cart, or transfer of content from HTML pages: $1000 and up
A deposit of half is necessary for me to start work. The remainder is due upon project completion. I accept payment via PayPal and check. Read the full terms and conditions here.