Rates vary depending on the size and complexity of your project. In general I bill at an hourly rate of $60/hour for smaller jobs and consultations. For larger jobs I prefer to negotiate a project rate in advance so that everyone can be happy with the final product without worrying about running up too many hours. Here’s how that might look in practice:
- Refresh your already-installed WordPress site with coordinating graphics including a new background, header, favicon, social media icons and typography: $300 and up
- Same as the above but including the installation and configuration of various plug-ins to improve functionality and SEO: $400 and up
- Install WordPress on your hosting account (including various plug-ins to improve functionality and SEO), create pages, design header and other graphics to your specification: $500 and up
- Same as the above but with transfer of content from another platform (such as Blogger, TypePad or WordPress.com), photo galleries, sliders, and the like: $750 and up
- Same as the above but with extras such as extensive graphics, user forum, shopping cart, or transfer of content from HTML pages: $1000 and up
A deposit of half is necessary for me to start work. The remainder is due upon project completion. I accept payment via PayPal and check. Read the full terms and conditions here.
Email me with your ideas and I’ll write you a formal estimate.